PAST EVENTS AT ERC SHILLONG
1. A WORKSHOP CUM HANDS ON TRAINING ON "DNA BARCODING- Molecular analysis & Bioinformatics approaches” w.e.f. from 21st - 25th August, 2017 was organised by Botanical Survey of India, Eastern Regional Centre, Shillong and was attended by 30 participants from all the regions of Botanical Survey of India.
2. BOTANICAL ART WORKSHOP was organised by Botanical Survey of India, Eastern Regional Centre, Shillong w.e.f 12 to 24th March, 2018. 16 participants from all the regional centres of BSI (SRC, DRC, WRC, CNH, Headquarters, Kolkata, NRC, Gauhati Univerdsity) along with local participants and two resource persons
3. A THREE DAYS BOTANICAL NOMENCLATURE WORKSHOP organised by Botanical Survey of India, ERC, Shillong from 7th-9th November 2016. All scientific staff took benefit of this program.
4. A NATIONAL SEMINAR on Himalayan Plant Diversity Taxonomy, Conservation and Sustainable Utilization organized by Botanical Survey of India, Eastern Regional in collaboration with North Eastern Hill University and East Himalayan Society for Spermatophyte Taxonomy w.e.f. 8th to 9th March, 2018. A total of 200 participants from all over India from various institutes participated in the program. A number of lectures were delivered by all the invites, scientists, Research scholars.
5. A five day training programme on basics of plant identification and nomenclature was organised at Botanical survey of India, Eastern regional Centre, Shillong with the aim to spread knowledge and awareness in the field of plant taxonomy w.e.f.- 30th October to 3rd November. A total of 29 participants from various institutes like North Eastern Hill University, Shillong; BRDC, Shillong; Mizoram University, Guwahati University, NERIST, Itanagar; GBPNHESD, Itanagar; NERIE NCRT, Barapani, FEED, Manipur; BNMU; Bihar along with our own students participated in this program. A number of lectures were delivered by all the scientists of BSI/ERC/Shillong.
6. A TRAINING PROGRAMME ON “GIS MAPPING, Database Management and Spatial Analysis” (23rd to 25th January, 2019) under NMHS Project was organized by Botanical Survey of India, Eastern Regional Centre, Shillong. The programme was attended by all the Research Scholars and officials of BSI, ERC, Shillong along with scholars from Northern circle, BSI, Dehradun.
7. GREEN SKILL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME was conducted in ERC, Shillong w.e.f. from 24th August to 25th October, 2018 on "Plant tissue culture techniques and its application".
8. A TRAINING PROGRAM OF PFMS and DIGITAL PAYMENTS by PAO (BSI/ZSI), Kolkata organised on 1-2 August 2018 and Staff of Cash Section and DDO of this Centre and other centre trainee.
9. ONE DAY PHOTOGRAPHIC TRAINING PROGRAMME on 9th June, 2016 was conducted at BSI/ERC/Shillong office by Joseph Weilguny, Photographer cum Paintographer from Australia and was attended by all officers and scientific staffs.
10. A TRAINING PROGRAMME ON DIGITAL PAYMENTS on the occasion of National Youth Day was held on 12th January 2017 at BSI, ERC, Shillong and was attended by all officers and staffs.
11. Honourable Secretary Shri A.N. Jha, Joint Secretary, Govt. of India, Shri M.K. Singh and Additional Secretary Dr. M.M. Kutty of MOEF & CC visited Botanical Garden, Barapani on 4th August, 2016 for inauguration of the fern house. Dr. Kailash Chandra Director of Zoological Survey India, Dr Upadhye, Advisor, MoEF&CC Easter Regional Office, Shillong, visited Botanical garden, Barapani and regional centre, Shillong on 4th August, 2016.
Inauguration of green house and walk in germination chamber funded under the National Mission on Himalayan Studies was inaugurated by Dr. A.A.Mao, Director, Botanical Survey of India, kolkata on 10.08.19 and was attended by Dr. B. K.Sinha, Scientist-F, Botanical survey of India, Kolkata, and all the officers and staffs of ERC, Shillong. Research scholars presented power point presentation of progress report from August, 2018- July, 2019 on 10th August at Botanical Survey of India, ERC, Shillong.
A National Seminar on Himalayan Plant Diversity Taxonomy, Conservation and Sustainable Utilization
Inauguration of greenhouse and walk-in germination chamber
Plant identification and nomenclature training