YEAR OF BIRTH: 1980
FIELD OF SPECIALIZATION: Taxonomy of Angiosperms, Family- Cyperaceae, Wetland Flora, Biodiversity Assessment and Conservation
SPECIAL INTEREST: Wetland Biodiversity
PRESENTLY WORKING ON FAMILY/TRIBE/GENUS OR FLORA OF AREA): Flora of India Vol: 18 (Famliy- Polemoniaceae, Hydrophyllaceae, Boraginaceae, Convolvulaceae, Cuscutaceae and Solanaceae
PHONE: 9415175182; 02912740415
E-MAIL: sanjaymishra[at]bsi[dot]gov[dot]in ; sanjayalld74[at]gmail[dot]com
ON GOING OTHER PROJECTS:
1. Ex-situ conservation of RET species of Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Collection, introduction and multiplication of Orchids at Dhanikhari Exp. Garden cum Arboretum (2017-2019): Established an orchidarium with 63 sp. found in Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Multiplied some Rare, endangered and threatened orchids by the methods of multiplication by saplings, division of the bush, cuttings and producing plants from back bulbs.
2. Flora of Kyd, Pitman & James Islands, South Andaman (2015-2018): Four exploration tours were undertaken to unexplored Kyd, Pitman and James Island and 469 field numbers were identified into 386 species. Two distributional records for Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
3. Herbal garden of Andaman And Nicobar Islands (2017-2019): (Co-PI) Funded by National Medicinal Plant Board, New Delhi
4. Ex-situ conservation of RET species of Andaman & Nicobar Islands at Dhanikhari Experimental Garden cum Arboretum, and identification of unidentified angiosperm specimens in ANRC Herbarium (2015-2017): During the explorations seeds/seedlings of 103 species were collected and introduced in the Dhanikhari Experimental Garden cum Arboretum. 113 unidentified specimens of PBL were identified into 54 species.
5. Survey of two wetlands of Little Andaman Rabindra Nagar Dam Reservoir and Ramakrishna Dam Reservoir 2017-18: Total 214 plant species belonging to 111 families growing at the dam sites were identified and report submitted.
6. Assessment of sedges based on Micro-morphological characters, Food value and Potential role in Phytoremediation in wetlands of Uttar Pradesh (2013-2015): Uttar Pradesh State Biodiversity Board (UPSBB) FUNDED Project- Worked as RA; One new addition to region was made.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS:
A. Research articles/papers:
· Mishra, S., Vivek C. P., Ekka, G.A., and Singh, L.J. (2019). Taxonomic notes on Grosourdya muriculata (Orchidaceae: Epidendroideae: Vandeae: Aeridinae), a little known endemic orchid from the Andaman & Nicobar Islands, India. Journal of Threatened Taxa 11(1) DOI: 10.11609/jott.38188.8.131.5262-13167.
· Mishra, S., Vivek C. P., Ekka, G.A., and Singh, L.J. (2017). Eleocharis atropurpurea (Retz.) J. Presl & C. Presl and Eleocharis acutangula (Roxb.) Schult. (Cyperaceae): Two new distributional records for Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. Tropical Plant Research 4(1): 77–80.
· Vivek C. P., Mishra, S., Ekka, G.A., and Singh, L.J. (2017). Taxonomic Study of Alternanthera Forssk. (Amaranthaceae) in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands Including New Record of Three Taxa of the Genus for the State Flora. Journal of Economic and Taxonomic Botany 41(1-2): 24-30.
· Vivek C. P., Mishra, S., Ekka, G.A., and Singh, L.J. (2017). Water snowflakes (Nymphoides indica), a case study with respect to the wetlands of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Phytotaxonomy 17:50-54.
· Mishra, S., Vivek C. P. and Singh, L.J. (2016). Eleocharis spiralis (Rottb.) Roem. & Schult. (Cyperaceae): An Addition to the Flora of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Tropical Plant Research 3(2): 289–291.
· Mishra, S., Vivek C. P. and Singh, L.J. (2016). Courtoisina cyperoides (Roxb.) Soják, (Cyperaceae): A New Distributional Record for Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. Indian Journal of Forestry 39(2) 159-160.
· Mishra S., Tripathi DK, Hroudová Z, Chauhan DK (2015) A potential contribution of achene micromorphology and phytolith analysis in describing the systematics of genus Bolboschoenus from India. Plant Systematics and Evolution 301: 955–966.
· Tripathi, DK., Mishra, S., Chauhan DK .2015. Micronutrients and their diverse role in agricultural crops: advances and future prospective. Acta Physiologiae Plantarum 07/2015; 37(7):1-14. DOI:10.1007/s11738-015-1870-3
· Behera S. K., Mishra, S. and Singh, L.J. (2015). Adiantum latifolium Lam. (Adiantaceae) – An addition to the Fern flora of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. Geophytology 45(2): 261-264.
· Mishra, S. and Narain, S. 2014. - Aquatic and marshy angiospermic diversity of eastern Uttar Pradesh. Indian Journal of Plant Science 3(2):63-75
· Tripathi, A., Mishra, S., Chauhan, D.K. 2014 -Island biodiversity and their threats. Proceedings of National conference on island biodiversity, UP State Biodiversity Board, Lucknow. 158-159.
· Mishra, S., Chauhan, D. K. 2013 Role of sedges (Cyperaceae) in wetlands and their economic, ethnobotanical, importance. Proceedings of UPSBB on Water and Biodiversity.1:61-70
· Tripathi, D.K., Mishra, S., Chauhan, D.K. and Tiwari, S.P. 2012 - Typological and Frequency Based Study of Opaline Silica (Phytolith) Deposition in Two Common Indian Sorghum L. Species- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section B: Biological Sciences. DOI 10.1007/s40011-012-0066-5.Springer-Verlag.
· Mishra, S. and Narain, S. 2010. - Floristic and ecological studies of Bakhira wetland, U.P. - Indian Forester 136. (3): 375-381.
· Narain, S. and Mishra, S. 2008. - A list of Aquatic & Marshy Plants of Bundelkhand Region (U. P.). Indian Journal of Forestry 31 (2): 301-308.
· Kumar, P., Mishra, S. and Narain, S. 2008. - Alternanthera philoxeroides (Mart.) Griseb. - An Addition to Uttar Pradesh. Journal of Indian Botanical Society 87. (3 & 4): 285-286.
· Lata, K., Mishra, S. and Narain, S. 2008. - Notes on occurrence of Synedrella vialis (Less.) A. Gray in Uttar Pradesh, India. Journal of Economic and Taxonomic Botany 32. (3): 610-612.
· Kumar, P., Mishra, S. and Narain, S. 2008. - Extended Distribution of Rare and Little Known Ranunculus cantoniensis DC. - In Uttar Pradesh. Journal of Phytological Research 21. (1): 147-148.
· Narain, S. and Mishra, S. 2006. - First report of Ceratophyllum submersum L. from Gangetic Plain. Rheedea 16 (2): 115.
B. Book chapters:
· Singh, L.J., Mishra, S. and Ekka, G.A. (2018). Plant Genetic Diversity of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. 2017.In: K. Ravichandran, D. M. Shukla &Tarun Coomar (eds.), 50 Years of Indian Forest Service, Department of Environment and Forests, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. Souvenir 50-56.
· Singh, L.J., Mishra, S., Vivek, C. P. and Ekka, G.A. (2018). Systematic Account of Family Musaceae in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, In: Chourasia, H.K., Mishra, D.P. (Eds.), Plant Systematics and Biotechnology: Challenges and Opportunities. Today and tomorrow’s Printers and Publishers, New Delhi. 473-483.
· Singh, L.J., Ekka, G.A.and Mishra, S. (2016). Ethnobotanical uses of plants in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India, In: Chourasia, H.K. & Roy, A.K. (Eds.), Conservation, Cultivation, Diseases and Therapeutic Importance of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants. 2016 Today and Tomorrow’s Printers and Publishers, New Delhi. 165-179.
· Mishra, S., Tripathi, A., Tripathi, DK. and Chauhan DK.( 2015). Role of Sedges (Cyperaceae) in Wetlands, Environmental cleaning and as Food material: Possibilities and Future Prospective. Plant-Environment Interaction: Responses and Approaches to Mitigate Stress (Edited by- Mohamed Mahgoub Azooz and Parvaiz Ahmad,- Wiley publication).
· Mishra, S., Ekka, G.A., Ranjan,V. and Singh, L.J. (2016). Role of DEGCA, BSI Garden in Conservation of Medicinal Plant Diversity of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, India. In: Chourasia, H.K. (ed.), Conservation of Medicinal Plants Conventional and Modern Approaches. 95-108.
B. New distributional records to India and region:
1. Ceratophyllum submersum L. from Gangetic Plain